Saturday, May 13, 2006

vacating the premises...

it's my last pittsburgh saturday until the fall. i've made a fantastic pot of coffee. my stereo is blaring NPR. some things never change!

but approximately 24 hours from now i'll be on the road, headed east on I-76, for my philadelphia summer adventure! i'm seriously as giddy as a schoolgirl! yesterday i talked to three of my favorite philly friends (mark, paula, jenn), i've been packing/cleaning/getting things ready, i have no idea how i'm going to fit my stuff in jess's car for the drive, but all of this is finally happening! hooray!

alas, there is sadness, too. i've been trying to catch up with my pittsburgh friends this week before i skip town -- dinner with paul g. on wednesday, drinks afterwards with george, oliver, and tom; girls' night at sandy's on thursday; randy stopped by for a visit yesterday and michael and steph came down for a drink last night. i'm hoping to catch up with folks for a bit tonight, too, but at the rate i'm going, i've still got a lot of work ahead of me before i'm ready to move. so i'm gonna get back to work...

the next time i post will be from the other side of the state, in the city of brotherly love, the city that loves you back. friends can look forward to blog posts full of tales of my bohemian summer existence, in my apartment with my undergrad summer roommate, stories of neighborhood bars with cheap beer and familiar company, anecdotes about the poor old folks that i'll be working with in my internship.

farewell to pittsburgh for the summer! best of luck to all my friends who will be staying here, and to those of you who are scattering across the country (anchorage! cincinnati! new york! rachel -- i forget the name of the town where you'll be!) for summer jobs and adventures. i'll miss you guys! come and visit!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
emily

p.s. best packing soundtrack ever for saturday, may 13th? pearl jam's _ten_. i haven't listened to this album in YEARS! oh, and i dyed my hair again. dark brown. nice, respectable, lawyerly dark brown. i'm hoping that if i look in all other respects professional, i won't have to take out my nose ring. here's to wishful thinking!

1 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger mjs said...

i am coming back to philadelphia sometime during the week (tues, wed, or thurs until fri, sat, or sun) so if you can't fit everything in the car...i can bring you stuff...(if you leave it with frightened monkey??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home