Monday, May 01, 2006

bright, sunshiny...

the weather today is perfect. i mean that -- flawless, ideal, PERFECT! the temperature is perfect, the breeze is perfect, the sunshine is perfect. seductively perfect. earlier, the weather lured me out of the depths of my finals malaise and onto a sunny bench at schenley plaza with my first amendment notes. for a while it was great -- i was fulfilling my need to study while restoring my body's winter-depleted vitamin D levels. and then it happened...

you see, the sun was so warm and made everything so cozy. and the sunlight cast everything into such brilliantly sharp focus that i had no choice but to gaze off at the springtime yellow-green of the trees, the brightness of the flowers, the soft patterns of clouds...

and before i knew it, my backpack was a pillow, my first amendment notes had plopped down onto my stomach, my eyelids were heavy...heavier... everything just felt so comfortable...

and then, my inner voice of reason spoke up. and this is what it said:

"ahem. HEY YOU! wake up and study for your goddamn finals! you get through the next three days and you can nap in the sun all you want!!! besides, you're not wearing sunscreen and you know how easily that pale irish skin burns."

hmph... i hate when i'm right. three more days... two more finals... almost there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home