Monday, May 21, 2007

countdown...

on wednesday, my brother and sister are coming to town. on thursday, my dad, my step-mom, two aunts, an uncle, and a cousin will be here. why? because on saturday i'm graduating!!!

...which is kinda fantastic in a lot of ways, most of them of the whole accomplishment/celebration/all-the-hard-work-has-paid-off kind, but let's just say that having eight family members in town is a little bit nerve-wracking.

...which is basically the understatement of the year. i am afflicted with major hostess anxiety in general, and i'm feeling a ridiculous amount of stress at being cruise director this weekend. plus, my friends and i have that big picnic/cookout thing on friday that has been in the works for months. which reminds me, i need to get a keg...

i called my dad earlier to find out what kinds of things they wanted to do in the downtime. he cautioned me not to overplan, but given that visits from dad in the past have met with disaster when there weren't things to do, i'm not sure that overplanning is such a bad idea. better to have things to do and choose not to do them than not to have enough to do, right?

i'm tired. i just cleaned my bathroom, i have laundry in the dryer. tomorrow i'll take care of the sweeping and dusting and vacuuming. and the dishes. for now, i think i'll play some super paper mario for a bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home