Saturday, May 12, 2007

family stuff...

last night i called my dad, trying to track down my brother. you see, this weekend my sister is moving back home from college for the summer and my dad and brother are driving up to fetch her. hence the calling-dad-to-find-daniel. daniel wasn't there -- my dad was going to pick him up this morning.

dad could tell i was upset, he could hear it in my voice. but it was 11:00 at night (my time), all i could hear in the background through my dad's end of the phone was the television at what seemed like a volume appropriate for old people who are hard of hearing, and my step-mother's voice talking to my dad. and the thought of explaining what had happened was just about the last thing i wanted to do, given all of that. so i was kinda short with my dad, told him i didn't want to talk, told him i'd talk to him later.

so just now i called him back to apologize and explain. and i'll say this -- sometimes my father drives me absolutely insane, sometimes he's the last person on earth i want to deal with, but when i need him or in those moments when i'm at my worst, he's absolutely amazing. i think he's got some sort of superpower when it comes to helping his children when we're not feeling so hot about things. and that makes me feel like the luckiest daughter ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home