Thursday, April 13, 2006

fine. i get it.

i'm currently on day four of a really annoying and painful sore throat and an average of 12 hours of sleep per night and finally i'm accepting that i might be sick. i went to student health today, thinking that i might have to wait a bit, but surely somebody would be able to take a look at me today. however, i was wrong. they don't take walk-ins. AYFKM? so i made an appointment for tomorrow after class and trudged out of there, feeling all dejected.

my throat hurts. i have a few little white thingies on my tonsils. the glands in my neck are a little swollen and tender. and i feel really tired. but it's strange -- every other time i've had throat-sick, i've also had sinus-y chest-congested-y head-ache-y-ness, too. is it possible to have the sick totally focused in one place?

maybe i have the throat cancer. maybe my throat is possessed by demons. maybe it's my vocal chords! how will i realize my dreams of becoming the princess of podcasting if i have to have my vocal chords removed because of the throat sick!?!?

alas, i'm being dramatic. i think i'll go to sleep now. krista just brought me a bottle of something called "magic swizzle", which, frankly, scares the hell out of me. it's a prescription medicine that literally says "magic swizzle" on the label. what, did snoop dogg name this stuff? allegedly it will make my throat numb. this isn't magic, it's called an analgesic. and "swizzle"? makes me think swizzle stick, which i don't really care to plunge at my swollen throat.

magic swizzle. sounds totally made up. like micronesia. or rule against perpetuities. i'm supposed to shake well before using. and keep out of reach of children. this is some weird shit.

here goes nothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home