Sunday, August 28, 2005

and another thing...

so, the writer in the letter to the editor that i included in my last post says the PATRIOT act poses no threat to "law-abiding" and "legitmate" citizens. well, the NYC subway searches pose no threat to folks who have nothing unlawful on their persons, too, but that doesn't make it right! i don't want my government to be able to stop me, search me, check my personal information, prevent me from accessing information at libraries, et cetera.

hello, the fourth amendment, anyone? whatever happened to freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures?

4 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger AML said...

I know, isn't it funny - right-wingers seem to only remember that one amendment......which one is it - oh yeah - the Second! Really quite funny actually, they misinterpret one singular amendment and totally forget about the others. Wow that is seriously defending the American way of life. Go ahead stand by the Bible, I'll take the Constitution any day!

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. I was just looking for anything interesting and your site caught my eye.

Todays inspirational quote:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

(Henry David Thoreau]

malignant mesothelioma

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger AML said...

Throcks fortune cookie last night:

If the table moves, move with it.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Amita said...

Emily, I don't know you, but you rock. I ran into your blog as I was browsing. Loved the last couple of posts. It always a pleasure making the aquaintance of other lefties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home