Monday, July 16, 2007

emily has minimum competency, across the board...

the following is an e-mail conversation had today between sandy, krista, and me. it started with some stupid spam message that i got in my pitt.edu e-mail account; it was one of those all-jibberish messages. enjoy!
ORIGINAL SPAM MESSAGE:
> Subject: continued debut alpine
> californium cashew, depredate clash courtesy, agreed abigail. cleave bootstrapping autumn chromatic classify chalkline bully. absorbent croft coralberry cryptic companion blanch adjourn danny contraceptive chimera budweiser adulate. bloodshed consummate ailanthus calamity asynchronous carrot decorate

E-MAIL FROM ME TO S & K:
with subject: it's like the spam e-mails are coming from my own brain...
> ...because the following is pretty similar to the caliber of thoughts i'm having lately:
[forwarded spam-a-lot message from above]

E-MAIL FROM K TO S & E:
>I was just thinking about absorbent croft coralberry, too! Weird.

E-MAIL FROM S TO K & E:
>I didn't know you knew Agreed Abigail.
>You guys, my brain is numb.

E-MAIL FROM E TO S & K:
>yes. brain numb. i go need coffee and change scenery. i go [shadyside coffee shop] now. kbye.

E-MAIL FROM K TO S & E:
>I guess "my brain is numb" is a better way to express what is going on in my dome than "my brain is hard." The former is subject to less confusion.

E-MAIL FROM E TO K & S:
>"my brain is hard" makes me think of the petrification process. wait, is "petrification" a word? is "petrified" a thing? like that happens? petrified wood. am i making that up? like when trees get really old and the wood turns stone-like? omigoodness i could be totally making this up!

this is not my beautiful house! this is not my beautiful wife!

letting the days go by,
emily

E-MAIL FROM S TO K & E:
>I feel nauseous. And my FUCKINGspacebardoesn'twork.

E-MAIL FROM E TO K & S:
>well, it's a good thing you're not preparing for the ... wait for it... space bar exam!

(wow)

END TRANSMISSION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home