Sunday, June 17, 2007

father's day...

this weekend i'm in wrightsville beach, north carolina, with my brother and sister. my aunt (my father's sister) and uncle live out here. we're here to visit them and to have some quality sibling time.

last night the three of us sat up and talked with my aunt and uncle and cousin until around one in the morning. we laughed, we shared stories, we caught up. and as a special father's day gift to us, my dad had sent via his sister a letter to his children and asked my aunt to read it to us. the letter was amazing -- very true to form for my father, who has such a beautiful way of expressing how much he loves us and how proud of us he is.

i'm a lucky girl. i'm incredibly fortunate. no matter where i go, what i do, how i end up, i've got this network of family that is so strong and so loving and supportive. my aunt and uncle loved my mother so much, and it's so good remembering her with them.

also, it's beautiful here on the north carolina coast! daniel and i went for a jog earlier this morning (i'm a lot slower than he is, but he was a good running companion). after lunch we're going out on my uncle's boat, and will probably hit the beach after that. i'll lug my barbri practice questions book with me and sit in the sunshine (and yes, i WILL be wearing sunscreen -- i fear the cancer.) and make the best of this whole study stuff.

happy father's day to all (especially you new fathers out there)! to my own father, who never reads this blog, and to whom i already said this when i spoke to him earlier, you are the greatest man i've ever known, and it's an honor to be your daughter. i'm trying my best, too. and although we don't always get it right, there's no doubt in my mind that even the mistakes come out of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home