Sunday, January 01, 2006

auld lang syne...

so, it's 8:37 pm on january 1st and i'm still nursing a headache, the last vestige of my new year's hangover. does this bode well for 2006? methinks yes. i did, after all, somehow put half a bottle of bombay sapphire in my belly last night, and i didn't puke, and since i almost always puke when i'm this hungover (e.g., that one contracts class first semester of last year when i left the classroom THREE TIMES to vomit), i consider this a pretty good sign. perhaps it speaks well of my equanimity.

began my 2006 with krista and paul. we watched a fascinating PBS documentary on hot dog stands/restaurants/vendors. it was one of those documentaries with lots of small town folks wearing denim shorts. denim shorts! so many things are wrong with denim shorts!!! so. many. things.

so, erm, is this where i say something about new year's resolutions? okay. first of all, no denim shorts for me. or my friends. none of us. i don't own any, so this will be easy for me. but if any of my friends dare to show themselves in my presence wearing denim shorts, they are to be bludgeoned. second, all the usual crap like save the world, go to the gym, eat more vegetables, be kind to old people, make good decisions about boys, the usual. third, i think for the MS 150 bike ride this summer i want to do a century on the first day. you know, to keep things interested. fourth, gotta get my damn seminar paper published. my professors sent an e-mail with how-to information about getting student work published in law journals. they suggest that i plan to send out 40-60 copies of this thing. hello to 40-60 rejection letters!

oh! and i need health insurance. my COBRA runs out february 28th... i need to get an MRI and an EEG done at some point in january (per the new neurologist, whom i haven't blogged about yet, but he's absolutely rad and he knows dr. p., my philly neurologist, a.k.a. my fave doctor of all time.) and if those scans show something ugly (and i have this really really bad fear that they will), i've got to go back on the meds. and meds are not free, particularly not the meds i was taking, which cost -- no shit -- about $1200 a month. which makes that whole $300 monthly COBRA payment justifiable. so, if anyone has any suggestions of where to find affordable medical coverage if you're a student, i'm all ears.

this post isn't really interesting.

like, not interesting at all.

so, long story short, happy new year to all! hooray for 2006 -- new year, new experiences, new lessons, new opportunities!

and here's a picture of my sis and me, from the last night i was in mississippi, being stupid girls. she's brilliant. i miss her.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you do the UPMC student health plan. the coverage is really good -- you have until end of jan to enroll for spring semester and it covers you until end of july, and then i think the fall semester coverage would start in august.
http://www.upmchealthplan.com/benefit-plans/studenthealthpitt.htm

-thegirlupstairs

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she misses you too!!!!! send her those pictures!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home