Tuesday, December 27, 2005

blown away, part two...

here's what's left of the pier at beach park.













this used to be where the bosios lived. dr. bosio delivered my sister. he and his wife were good friends of my parents. when i was a teenager, i had a crush on their oldest son. they would have parties at their home on the fourth of july, during the fireworks.










this was where the hornes lived. mrs. horne was one of my mom's best friends. when i ran for student council president (don't laugh!) i filmed a campaign ad from the roofdeck of their house. at the end of the ad, the camera panned down to the beach where "emily for president" had been written in giant letters in the sand.








here was the keenes' house. their daughter was a friend of mine. when i was 15, while standing near my car in their driveway, i kissed a boy who came from biloxi to hang out with me. it was a silly girly high school moment, one that i remember well and happily.






the yacht club used to be here. we were never members, because my parents thought it was a waste of money (see where i get it?), but we had friends who were and sometimes in the summertime my brother and i would go and swim at the pool there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home