Sunday, January 25, 2009

can't make any promises, but...

...here i am.

i just reclaimed my office from the dreaded "extra room syndrome". yes, i just made that up. but it's when you've got a room in your house that you designate for some purpose, but since it's not a room designated for some regular necessity (bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room), it becomes the junk room, the room where you stash all the stuff that you accumulate but don't really use. then you can close that room's door and voila! all is orderly and proper!

i did a lot of housekeeping/organizing today (including collecting all of my knitting needles and accoutrements from various locations and bags throughout the house and putting them where they belong -- in an old tanqueray tin; and untangling the fire hazard of cords and wires connecting my tv to its various input devices) because lately i've felt kinda, well, kinda bleccchh. not for any reason, just have the my-life-is-kinda-boring blues. so maybe now that i feel that i have more control over my living space, i'll feel more in control of my time and my sense of well-being.

...which leads me to throckmorton. i miss this blog. i've kinda replaced the void it once filled with a mildly obsessive relationship to facebook, but facebook makes me feel like an asshole every time i ignore a friend request from someone who isn't really my friend. and lately i've felt a little put off by just how personal some of my facebookfriends get with their facebooking. i have thoughts and feelings, too! but i think it's better not to bombard the various and attenuated online contacts i've gathered with my deepest, darkest musings every time they open their facebook homepage.

anyway, i'm thinking of blogging again. yes -- i've said this before...and nothing has come of it. so i'm gonna treat this like when i quit smoking (which, for the record, was two fucking years ago which means i can now say that the portion of my life spent as a smoker is less than half) and not look at this as a big deal, just something i'm gonna do and if it works, then good.

but let's face it -- i'm not getting any younger, and if i want this site to turn into a book deal, i better get to work, right?

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger AML said...

Haha - book deal, nice! Congrats on two years being smoke-free. Anyway hope your successful in curing your blog-fade.

xoxobama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home