Friday, January 26, 2007

shift-a-roo...

i don't know if it's school- or winter- or post-vacation- or nicotine-withdrawal-related, but lately i'm in a serious slump. i'm generally overwhelmed with all that is going to go down in 2007 -- finishing up school, graduating, preparing for the bar exam, taking the bar exam, finding a job, starting a job, paying back my loans, fixing my snoring problem, et cetera...

ugh. so yesterday afternoon, after spending literally an hour and a half trying to untangle a skein of yarn that had gotten out of control, i went balls-out and totally rearranged the furniture in my apartment. yep -- all looks new now. i made my living room space more conversational, my bedroom space more bedroom-y (moved the bed from the corner into the middle). then did a big cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom. oh, and i did five loads of laundry -- clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, bath mats, the works!

i feel better. i think i needed to exercise some control over some aspect of my life. and truthfully, perhaps the only thing i can control right now is my space. but that's something, right?

in other news, i'm currently on day eleven of my most recent attempt to quit smoking. i REALLY want to make this one stick. i'm not exactly getting any younger, and i'm tired of stinking like cigarettes and throwing money away at a really unhealthy habit. the tough part, however, is that i miss it. in some way, i feel like i've just finally broken up with a boyfriend who was a completely selfish jerk, but who was incredibly hot. i miss what was familiar, what had become habit...but this is clearly for the best. it helps that my actual boyfriend, who is not a completely selfish jerk, has also quit smoking -- it's a team effort. so we get to be all grumpy and anti-social and experience our withdrawal together. how sweet!

oh, and the client counseling competition has begun. i predict that krista and i will again reign supreme. but i'm convinced that our 3L-ness will work against us. we'll see...

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Funny! I always re-arrange my room too when I start to get into a funk. It definately makes a difference.

2007 (like 2005 for me) will be a big year, good luck keeping it together!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger EFC said...

I, too, am totally feeling the winter slump. I flipped the fuck out on Wednesday because I haven't had a chance to clean my room. Poor Mike was over at my house doing laundry when I freaked and got caught in the crossfire, poor boy!

I'm proud of your non-smoking streak, and I wish you the best in making it permanent!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home