Tuesday, January 09, 2007

the last first day of school...

hey! whoa! happy new year from throckmorton!

a certain member of my reading public (who anymore is probably my only reader) has chastised me several times for not blogging as much these days. was i swept under the rug of the holiday madness? have i finally been lost in the rolling sea of law? am i on boyfriend island?

no, just full of neglect. inexcusably, apologetically, despicably...

anyhoo, today was a momentous occasion -- not only did OSU lose the BCS championship game (woot!), but today was my very last first day of school. ever! (probably.) i began my very last semester of law school today. this crazy ride will reach the bottom of it's downward slippery slope in a wee four months. holy crap! where has it all gone?

truth be told, i'm a bit sad about it. donny called me a romantic today for waxing nostalgic about the past 2.5 years, but i don't care. i've enjoyed this law school process. i really have. and i'll be sad to see it go.

in other news, i made my karaoke debut at arsenal lanes' friday karaoke bowling night. i blame sandy. she practically forced me into it by making me drink beers and tempting me with journey songs. wanna know what we sang? in honor of pittsburgh, and the song that i've heard more often since living here than any other bad corporate rock tune, we sang "don't stop believin'". and it was fantastic. there was air guitar and dancing and lots of gratuitous use of the metal sign. and the best thing about karaoke? when you're up there, you can't even hear yourself, so you're forever spared from just how horribly you're actually bombing in front of the mic and the teleprompter thingy. hooray!

as for the athletic portion of the evening, i bowled a 56 and an 87. i am awesome.

i leave for vegas in 2 days! expect blog posts!

1 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger emily said...

okay, so maybe "blame" wasn't the right word. really, what sandy did was to liberate me, to empower me, to show me the greatest love of all!!!

and she's right -- it truly was awesome! totally!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home