Tuesday, December 12, 2006

inksplosion!!!

so, today on my way into school i was on a pretty crowded bus, so i put my giant backpack on my lap so it wouldn't be in the way. what i didn't realize was that a pen had made its way to the bottom of my backpack and had lost its cap. when i got to my stop, i had bright blue ink all over my way-cool light brown plaid pants because my pen had leaked through the bottom of my bag onto my leg. OH NO!!!

so, i dug the pen out of my bag, gave it a scornful look, and threw it in the nearest garbage can.

then i went to the registrar's office. why? because i was scheduled to proctor a test this afternoon and i needed to get my official training on how to read instructions and deal with honor code violators and all that stuff. so i arrive at the office and immediately make a joke about the giant ink spot on my pants and the kind women in the registrar's office (my new heroine) said, "do you have any hair spray? that's what you should use." now, i haven't owned hair spray since about 1994. but lucky for me, she had some in her desk! hooray! so she handed me the bottle and told me to follow her.

off we went to the secret 2nd floor bathroom, back where all the administrative offices are. i ran some water over a paper towel, and used it to soak the area on my pants where the ink was, then, at my new heroine's direction, saturated the ink spot with hair spray. and then there was much rinsing and re-spraying and rinsing and re-spraying. my new heroine went back to the office, i went into the handicapped stall (which has its own sink), where i could de-pants myself to better my cleaning efforts. it worked, for the most part. i still have a blue smudge on my pants, but i'm hoping that it will come out when i do laundry. and lest anyone fear that i was destroying the ozone layer with my stain removal tactics, rest assured that i was using a non-aerosol hair spray.

the annoying part, though, was that after my pants dried, they were all stiff for the rest of the day in the place where they had been hair sprayed. oh, and i smelled like rave. good times.

file this under "emily is her own biggest liability".

3 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like that liability line. you are a funny one, em.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handicapped stall has a toilet AND a sink? Kinda raises a question: if you have one, do you really need the other?

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got ink on my suit on Tuesday and one of the secretaries ALSO suggested hair spray! She says the cheap stuff (think Aqua Net) works the best. Unfortunately no one at work HAD any hair spray with them, but it was only a teensy bit of ink and I had *just* dropped the pen on myself so it was still dry, so I was able to get it out with soap & water.
-elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home