Saturday, September 02, 2006

onward to victory...

okay. it's time. i've managed to restrain my urge to post about this for WEEKS (because nobody cares but me), but now that it's gameday, i'm abandoning all regard for others and going full-force with my fervent love for notre dame football!!!

and guess what, folks?! depending on whom you ask, we're ranked either third or second. not just top ten, here. we're in the TOP THREE!!! i'm so proud! not that i have anything to do with the strength of my alma mater's football team, mind you, but the fighting irish have such a storied football history, it's damn nice to see them start off the season with such a strong ranking.

and the best part? the game is at 8:00 tonight (EST, broadcast on ABC), which gives me all day to finish up my paper for my race/religion/law class. but if anybody needs me this evening between 8:00 and 11:30 or so, i'll be in front of a TV, cheering my beloved irish to a victory over georgia tech, watching brady quinn take the first steps toward the heisman.

GO IRISH!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger emily said...

9:56 pm -- we're down 10-3 (it's halftime), but ABC just played the ND commercial and i got chills. jeeeeezus i'm a dork...

it's not just football...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home