Friday, September 01, 2006

hello september...

damn school! getting in the way of my blogging!

since i last posted, the week got a little better. after much patience and the right amount of luck, i straightened out my schedule so now i've got five courses (gender and the law; immigration law; advanced trial evidence; legislation; and race, religion and the law), an independent study with professor t, and my externship at the public defender. all this and i'm still at a measley 14 credits. wha? yet, i'm excited about the semester and am hoping i can do well. and, i've managed to keep fridays totally class- and work-free. the next time i will enjoy a series of fridays off, it will be called retirement. so i'd better enjoy it now.

i'm weaning myself onto a new anti-seizure med. the way this process works is while i gradually up the dosage of the new med (keppra), i continue to take the old med (carbatrol) at full dosage until i'm at the full amount of the keppra. then i gradually decrease the amount of carbatrol. so right now i'm super-medicated. and boy can i tell! i'm hoping that i'm the only one who can tell, but i'm not so sure... i think it's making me freak out about stupid things more so than normal, for example, i'm currently obsessed with the fear that i'm never again going to find myself in a substantial relationship and i'm going to die alone and bitter. i'm also obsessed with trying to come up with the perfect 30th birthday celebration for myself. so if any friends want to volunteer to take over this planning process for me, please let me know. it will be one less thing to drive me nuts. three cheers for drugs for the brains! hip hip hooray!

to celebrate my tumor-free brain, i bought myself this shirt: why this particular shirt? because of my deep deep love for sufjan stevens. duh. he's playing in philly on september 28th. i keep trying to justify to myself that it's either okay for me to fly to philly for the show or that it's incredibly foolish for me to fly to philly to see the show. but what if this is my only chance to meet him in person? what if this is the only shot i get at making him fall in love with me? what's a girl to do?!?!

today i set up camp at the quiet storm to do some work. a little red-haired girl was there. she must be the daughter of one of the employees, because i've seen her there before. one time last semester when timily and i were there, this little red-haired girl was trying to show us how talented she was at using a cardboard box as a chair. oh, how charming are the hippie children... well, today she drew pictures for all of the folks in the coffee shop. featured on the right is the one she gave to me. i can't tell if it's a bowling ball or a coconut. regardless, its name seems to be "vahfav". and i don't fuck with the vahfav.

so there you go. oh, and i'm a 3L. (!) i can't help but feel like joel and clementine these days... this will all be gone soon. what do i do? enjoy it.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Sufjan! I can't go to Philly that day, but if he ever makes it to the 'Burgh or maybe even the 'Land - count me in. Do you have the CD of Illinoise B-sides... it's also great. 40 tracks of Abe Lincoln goodness - who would have guessed?
- Randy (hopelessly unaware of what my blogger ID stuff is)

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, just to state a fact, not to turn your comments section into a religious melee -- He is an evangelical Christian. For when you guys fall in love, you should know what you are getting. R

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger emily said...

randy -- do i have the illinois b-sides cd? um, i pre-ordered it from his record label's website. that's how much of a nerdy sufjanite i am.

and i knew (or at least inferred from some of the lyrics) that he was religious. as long as he doesn't try and proselytize in our intimate moments, i think i'll be okay.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Moon said...

"i'm currently obsessed with the fear that i'm never again going to find myself in a substantial relationship and i'm going to die alone and bitter."

you need medication for that? i guess i'm just "high" on life. :-/

as for the illustration, i saw a ghostly face, echos of munch's scream.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd better not fuck with the vahfav.

i think that picture is cuuuuuute and it kind of makes me want to cry a little bit. i wish i could draw like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home