Tuesday, August 22, 2006

changing gears...

so i'm just about all moved back in. all that remains is my trunk and a couple of boxes that are currently at jess's place. i'm glad to be back in my apartment, even though my subletter put a padded seat (?!?!) on my toilet.

had my MRI yesterday. there were some complications of the insurance-out-of-network sorts which prohibited me from getting the scan done last week in philadelphia. i ended up crying on the phone with my pittsburgh neuro's office when i was told that the earliest appointment i could get would be in a few months. and then, they put me on the phone with a new doctor in the practice who told me she'd get me an MRI and an appointment to see her when i got back. long story short? she's my hero, and if i had known that all i would have to do to get things done would be to cry, i would have done that weeks ago!

anyway, i'll find out what the MRI shows on friday morning. it's all i can think about. i'm fearing the worst. not exactly expecting the best, either.

i'm having some difficulty adjusting to being back, too. i feel out of the loop. soon enough things will feel normal again. soon enough.

right now, though, i'm really missing philadelphia and the people there. i'm glad to be back here, looking forward to getting back into the groove of classes and friends. but i feel so overwhelmed with things like, oh, finding a job or signing up for the bar or planning the next phase of my life. you know, little things.

it all makes my chest hurt. i'm going to have a glass of something...

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger emily said...

hear! hear! more than one place, indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home