Wednesday, August 02, 2006

damsel in distress...

friends. i've managed to get myself into a bit of a pickle. you see, the last day of my internship is friday, august 18th. and i need to be out of my sublet by the end of the calendar day of sunday, august 20th. and i, my cats, and my stuff have no way of getting ourselves back to pittsburgh.

rent a car? well, i'd like to, and in a lot of ways that makes the most sense, but you see, given that i've had recent seizure activity, i'm not so comfortable with driving by myself 300 miles across the lonely state of pennsylvania. just in case. better to be safe than sorry. et cetera.

take a train! okay. but i have two cats (and their carriers), a couple of plants, two trunks, my bike, and other odds and ends that would be too cumbersome to try and bring on a train, and too expensive to try and ship.

this leaves me reliant on the kindness of friends. hopeful in the generosity of those that i love. keeping every finger and toe crossed that somebody will be willing to take a little adventure and give me a ride across the state in 2.5 weeks.

anyone? anyone?

remember that i'm turning 30 next month and this would be one hell of a b'day present! and remember all of you who e-mailed/called after i had my seizure and said you'd be happy to help out anyway you could? well, here's your opportunity!!!

i'm GREAT road trip company. i provide antics. and i think this experience would be an excellent thing to turn into a podcast!?!

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY I was thinking of asking if you needed a way back to Pgh, because I'd like to get out of town for a bit!!
How about I drive out there on Friday evening, and then I'd like to see a little of Philly on Saturday (read: the Zoo, maybe go to lunch) and then we'll head back to the 'burgh on either Saturday night or very early sunday morning
this is elizabeth, and i don't remember my blogger password since it's saved in my browser at home

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- I have a teeny tiny Honda Civic...any way you can possibly disassemble the bike so it can fit in the car?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home