Friday, August 25, 2006

not too bad, for a friday...

by 9:00 this morning i was practically skipping down centre avenue on my way home from my appointment with the neurologist! why? because i don't have brain tumors. and i still don't have MS. what i do have is scars on my brain from the old lesion and the biopsy that will always be there. these scars will always run the risk of interrupting the electrical activity in my brain, so seizures are always a possibility. the spots are little, so the possibility is small, but it means i'll have to stay on the anti-seizure meds. that's the not-so-great part, since the meds make me feel so foggy, but given the alternative outcomes here, i'm not going to complain too loudly.

as for the neuro that i saw today? she's awesome. i'm going to stick with her, since she seems to be both good in person and able to use a telephone. and, she kinda looks like a nun in civvies, which reminds me of my younger catholic school days.

and as if that wasn't enough on its own, i've also gotten an internship at the public defender's office for the fall. i went there today to meet with the attorney for whom i'll be working, and then subsequently became overwhelmed by everything in the office. it's amazing how much one can forget about criminal law in a year's time... but this is what i'm really thinking about doing after graduation, so this internship is important on several levels.

so, there you go. that's been my day.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure beats my friday! i'm very glad for you, em.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger perpetual slacker said...

Congrats on your good news... I'm glad everything is okay! See you on Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home