Sunday, September 10, 2006

interning, week one...

tuesday afternoon my boss ran me all around the courthouse, introducing me to various folks, showing me the relevant places. it was a whirlwind of handshaking, nice-to-meet-you, welcome, see-you-soon. i've managed to remember maybe two of the names of the people i met. ah, the bliss of being new...

we got back to the building where the PD's office is and get on the elevator, joined by a really young looking kid holding some papers. he asks us, "where's the public defender's office?" my boss tells him. he then says, "are you lawyers?" my boss says he is. the elevator door opens, we all walk onto the floor, and the kid says, "hey, i've heard that it's better to get a real lawyer instead of getting a public defender. is that true?" my boss kinda looks at him for a second, then says, "yeah, probably so."

as we walked into the office, my boss says to me, "i can't even tell you how many times i've gotten that question since i've worked here."

three cheers for the fake lawyers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home