Saturday, September 09, 2006

hot damn!

dunno what you guys were doing this afternoon between 3:30 and 7:00, but i was watching my fantastic fighting irish pulverize penn state! i believe the final score was 41-17?!? that's a good old notre dame trouncin'!

AND ohio state plays texas tonight, which means ND is definitely moving back up in the rankings!

i know i'm in PSU country out here, but my loyal readers know how i am about notre dame football... i do take issue with coach charlie weis's new "tradition" of giving the students green towels to wave around during gametime. coach weis? um, no. not so excited about that. but the new thing where all the football players stand in front of the student section at the end of the games while the marching band plays the victory march and the alma mater? i like that one. that one can stay.

michigan is next week. also a home game. if the gods are happy with me, i'll get a 30th birthday weekend victory over the freakin' wolverines.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger emily said...

consider this an after-the-fact disclaimer. i don't actually think i have what would amount to "loyal readers". i know that only like three people read this on a regular basis. so, when i said "my loyal readers know..." it was meant kinda tongue-in-cheek, although i'm not entirely sure i understand what "tongue-in-cheek" means...

so. right.

go irish!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Holden said...

I'm not a Notre Dame hater or a PSU fan, so I had no horse in that race, but I thought it was fairly weak of Weis to fake a punt with a 27-3 lead.

I won't hate ND for it, but I'm quickly becoming a non-fan of CW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home