Saturday, July 22, 2006

a little too familiar...

...well, here we are. back where things started. and i'm less than pleased about it all.

thursday night at about 3:30 or so (that's friday morning, for you sticklers), i woke up with a really ugly headache. this wasn't just any ugly headache, either. it was accompanied by the brain-racing, fear-drenching anxiety that i recognized as the pre-seizure aura. so i woke up keith, told him that i thought i was about to have a seizure (and thankfully, he had heard some of my back story so this wasn't entirely out of the blue), and then tried my damnedest with my last few moments of consciousness to tell him where my clothes were so i wouldn't be indecent when the paramedics showed up. yes, friends -- these were my waning thoughts: put. on. clothes.

anyway, i did in fact have a seizure. i was unconscious for about ten minutes, and when i came to, i was a wreck. there were strangers in my apartment (the paramedics), i recognized keith, but i couldn't place his name for the life of me. i was nothing short of hysterical. scared, shaky, confused, disoriented. somehow they got me down the stairs (the goddamn elevator wasn't working in my building...again) and into the ambulance. i was pretty much a mess in the ambulance, too.

the weirdest part, the part that differentiated this seizure experience from the one two years ago, is that i knew what to expect. even though i was completely confused and scared, on some level i knew that this was what happened with seizures and that it would pass, i would regain my normally functioning consciousness. so, even though i couldn't remember my name, my birthdate, my address, i knew i would be able to soon. and i did. once things settled down a bit, i started feeling normal again. things were okay. just incredibly fucked up.

in hospital news, i had a CT scan done, and the scan was normal. the neurologists worked me over pretty good, and except for some post-seizure balance issues, i was totally fine. so that's good, right? still, i don't know what to make of this.

i want to write more, but i honestly don't have the presence of mind right now. my friend lisa made me stay at her place last night, which was really really kind of her and i'm glad i did it. except that i literally slept for sixteen hours. i'm back on anti-seizure meds, for the forseeable future, and that sucks, because they make me feel slow and sleepy and dizzy. my entire body is sore from the seizure and i managed to bite up the side of my tongue.

what the fuck is happening to me? what the fuck?!

but the really weird thing is that i don't want to be by myself. even though i know i'm medicated and i'm going to be fine, i'm a little nervous being alone.

at least daniel will be here for a visit tomorrow. it will be very good to have my brother around.

more later. i'm going to try and make some dinner now.

**yawn**

3 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm stunned.. and this sucks, but everything will be better, chic-a-dee. we love you and come stay at our house again or call for anything-and i mean anything. and i'm sooo relieved that daniel will be here (and excited to see the cool dude).
Take care sweetie-Jenn (& Chris)

 
At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry i haven't called you. i don't know what to make of it either and i know you're okay but it still doesn't sit right with me. i don't think you deserve any unnecessary worries right now and i know they're inevitable for everyone but i just always want your life to be good to you. i miss you more than you know and i'm sorry i'm such a coward and i don't call you. my life is a mess right now for different reasons...i want to call you soon and just talk about things. i work every day until thursday, but i don't go in until 4 on monday and 2 on tuesday and wednesday. i will call you this week or feel free to call me. i love you. i don't know what it's worth to you but i've been praying to somebody somewhere that everything will work out for you. i love you, e.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger emily said...

little c? it's impossible for you to ever ever know how much i love you. and i don't care what's going on with you -- i'd rather hear from you than not. so, call me and we'll talk about things. your comment made me cry. i miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home