Saturday, March 04, 2006

"bye, honey! we'll miss you!"

that was pretty much the gist of the phone call i just got from my dear friends tom and andrew, who are having a few pre-transatlantic drinks in the newark airport bar. apparently tom and andrew are having a great time already and the woman at the ticket counter was convinced that tom was andrew's boyfriend.

my sympathies go out to the poor flight attendants who are gonna have to deal with these two self-medicated yahoos for the next 7 1/2 hours! but how i would love to be a fly on the wall for all aspects of this little adventure.

by the way, andrew also called me earlier today to ask me to do some math in my head to help him calculate how fast they had been driving (the average speed, in case anyone is curious, was 74.2 mph).

and thanks to an impromptu training session in my living room last night, greatly enhanced by michael drawing on his skills from back before he was a reformed smoker, andrew is all set to roll his own, erm, cigarettes while in da dutch.

have fun, boys! i miss you already!

1 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger tmb said...

we bought a bowl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home