Saturday, February 04, 2006

time capsulation...

(is "capsulation" even a word?)

so, today is clean-emily's-hard-drive day. and no, that's not some sort of icky euphemism. i'm currently surrounded by three computers -- grant's, which has wireless; my laptop, the bane of my existence; and my old desktop, which i just set up and plugged in and turned on for the first time since i've lived in this apartment.

here's my plan (and this comes from the dubious mind of one who really knows nothing about computer clean-ups) -- i'm going to make use of the hard drive in my desktop, which has lots of space and nothing really going on, to store all the stuff i want to keep from my laptop.

but before i can do this, i have to go through the files on my desktop, to make sure i'm not deleting anything important. here's some of the stuff i've found so far:

1. an draft of an invitation to a party that my old roommate tanya and i hosted on february 8, 2002. i was funny back then! what the hell happened?
2. a silly drawing of a pterodactyl that my sis sent me years ago.
3. a LOT of old drafts for my law school personal statements. ugh.
4. pictures of the bald spot i had on my head from when i got the brain biopsy! yikes! i was such a frankenstein!
5. some really really bad music...but also a bunch of dead kennedys songs! i had forgotten i had this stuff!

p.s. the soundtrack to this little cleaning venture has been g. love & special sauce's "yeah it's that easy", followed by no doubt's "tragic kingdom". it's been YEARS since i've listened to this. good times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home