Tuesday, January 31, 2006

late addition to my list of new year's resolutions...

so, i'm sitting in the library, happily reading justice brennan's opinion in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan, 376 U.S. 254 (1964), and i look up from the book to tell krista how excited i am about this case, and she looks over at my book and says, "oh my god -- you are such a highlighter spaz!" and so i look back down at my book and it's a mess of colored pens! (i made the switch this semester to the colored pen system -- highlighters are so first year!)

now, we're not just talking about a well marked-up casebook. this case is practically all color-coded. there's not much here that doesn't have an underline or a comment in the margin! and, in horror, i paged back through my book, at all the markings i've made throughout the semester, and it's all this bad! i'm honestly embarrassed by how horribly i've treated these poor cases.

krista said, "if, years from now, you ever need to look at your old casebooks, you're going to open them up and scream because of how crazy they look." i said, "or, more likely, if i ever have a child, someday that child will decide to look at my old casebooks and will be stricken by the reality that his/her mother is an absolute moron."

so, new resolution for 2006, effective immediately: use colored pen system wisely.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger stephie said...

I heart the Staedtler pens. I even let them out of my Emergency Art Technician case once in a while. Well, all the time. They live on the kitchen table. Lately, Michael and I have been picking up singles in exciting new colors (beyond the color limitations of the 10 pack), like olive green! So if you're ready for it, feast your eyes on the 20 pack.

(I love the fact that there's an art supply store called "Dick Blick.")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home