Tuesday, February 07, 2006

there's paste on my dome!

well, paste residue, really. this morning i had my EEG. good times. i got to the hospital at 8:50 and didn't leave until after 11:00. eurghhh... had a long conversation with jane, the EEG tech, about pittsburghese, while she glued the 24 electrodes to my head. then i had to close my eyes while a strobe light flashed in my face for a few minutes, then i had to take really fast deep breaths for three minutes (i got to feeling pretty damn woozy and unhappy by minute two), and then i was instructed to "try and fall asleep".

the falling asleep part didn't work so well, and here's why: 1) i had menstrual cramps, and 2) three minutes of hyperventillation wasn't exactly conducive to sleepytime.

and then it was over, the electrodes came off, my head was full of gunky white pasty stuff, which is still in my hair and still feels really gross.

but i'm done. my brain tests (at least this round of them) are all done. and now i'm just waiting around to hear the results. with my fingers crossed. fingers and toes. and i'm wishing on stars. and eyelashes. and dandelions. for good news. or at least for not-bad news.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Timmer said...

Em,

I totally have menstrual cramps today too!! We are on the same universal cycle. OMG--ALL of the boys that read this are gagging/passing out right now!!

As you know, all of my best thoughts are out in the universe for you.

Kisses.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger emily said...

hooray! we're menstrual cramp twins! but i bet you're not cursed with the super-speedy 25 day cycle that i've got... at the rate i'm going, i'll be menopausal by the time i'm 32...

we should now make it our goal to make every woman on the planet cycle with us. it might just be one small step for mankind, but it will be one giant leap for women's world domination!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home