Tuesday, December 06, 2005

parents just don't understand...

talked to dad for a bit tonight. towards the end of the conversation, i said, "hey, dad! i'm a blonde these days!" his response?

my dad has this thing that he does, that my brother and i have parodied for years in our interactions with each other. when he gets exasperated, or annoyed, or when he just doesn't know what else to do with his kids (okay, it's most often with me), he utters a really exaggerated-sounding sigh. he doesn't say anything. just the big sigh. as if to communicate that he truly has no idea how he could possibly have fathered such strange and inexplicable creatures as his offspring.

and that's how he reacted to my announcement about my hair color. to which i said, "oh, come on dad -- it's just hair."

and then i told him that i also cut my hair myself. that got me a, "you didn't need to tell me that."

his point, which he did go on to make, is that i'm in law school and "at some point need to start acting like my profession." ew dad, totally square!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home