Tuesday, December 06, 2005

expatriation! or, the last goonie weekend...

okay, i've hinted at this, but haven't made the official announcement to the blogosphere -- daniel, my little brother, is moving to pittsburgh!

i have so much stuff in my head about this i couldn't possibly get it all down right now. but it's going to happen -- he's put in for a transfer through work, he's making plans to get a moving truck, he's my ride back to pittsburgh at the end of winter break.

this is kinda shaking up my little world a bit (not as much as my brother's, of course), but i'm quite sure that the end result will be good (because i'm quite sure, as a general matter, that end results are always good). and, it means some really good stuff for me, including, but not limited to the following:

a) i get a roommate with a car! this is also possibly very good news for andrew, krista, and paul r., my primary modes of non-port authority transportation.

b) i can live in a bigger place, and pay less in rent. although, i do love my little apartment now... and i'll miss things about living alone. but since daniel is bringing his drum kit, we'd better find ourselves a house, and having a house means having a yard. and having a yard means having a garden!

c) there will no longer be more cats than humans where i live.

d) oh, and, duh! i get to live with my brother! it will be just like the good old days, when we were kids. except now we have to pay the bills. and we can buy booze. and we're taller.

the housewarming party will be sometime in the spring. after we've actually found a place. all are invited.

6 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger AML said...

You're not gonna move to the suburbs are you? That whole 'house with yard' bit got me a little worried.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger emily said...

are you kidding? me in the sprawl? no way. i'm not leaving the city until i follow michael and steph when they finally make the move to living off the grid.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

em, that's awesome! daniel told me about the move last week. i was waiting for you to make the formal announcement.

tlak to you soon.

schossy.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger emily said...

oh schoss, of course daniel told you. he probably discussed the idea with you before he even brought it up with me. this means you're responsible for two mcnallys living in pittsburgh, because i wouldn't have applied to pitt law had you not put the idea in my head...

how does that make you feel?

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it makes me feel very, very special. one day i hope to return to the burgh, with husband and cats in tow. maybe you and daniel will be there to greet us.

i really do set high hopes for myself. "one day, when i grow up, i hope to live in pittsburgh!!!"

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger emily said...

it's like pittsburgh is the home to which you're fated to return...

whether it's in pittsburgh or someplace else, i hope someday that we'll all be much more integrated in each others' lives. 'cause i miss you.

we can make a playdate for trixie and cassius and milo and kenobi. they will be a tetrad of the nerdiest-named cats ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home