Sunday, October 23, 2005

technological difficulties...

i got up early this morning expecting to have a fun-filled, productive day with my seminar paper research. my computer, however, had different plans. in the past few days, it's been very stubborn, sometimes flat-out refusing to recognize that it has wireless internet capability. as of this morning, it put its foot down and completely denied my access to the interweb. so i spent a good five hours running diagnostic scans, rummaging through my dell owner's manuals, trying to find re-installation CDs, getting disconnected from dell's technical support service, until finally i spoke with a nice employee named "john" who concluded, based on the lack-of-wireless and my computer's inability to turn on unless i bang on the keyboard (a little factoid that i neglected to share with john, lest it void my warranty), that i need a new motherboard. hooray! a new motherboard!

since i've got to mail my computer to the nice folks who will fix it, this means a couple of things:

1) i'll be spending a lot of time this week in computer labs working on my seminar paper
2) i'm going to be taking notes in class by hand, which should be loads of fun since my handwriting is practically illegible
3) i'll be forced to interact with the world around me, and not just the world reflected on my computer screen. i'm afraid. i'm very afraid.

oh, and i'm not going to be blogging much for the next eight business days (john's approximation). this will certainly impact me more than it does you. i'll miss you all, dear readers. know that i'll be thinking of you fondly.

over and out,
emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home