Saturday, October 15, 2005

decompressing...

my beloved fighting irish lost a hard-fought battle to # 1 ranked USC today. heartbreaking. the game was utterly heartbreaking.

i'd say more, but i'm tired and don't really have much more to say. my boys played hard and came so close--i'd even venture to use the term thisclose, even though that term kinda irks me. final score was 34-31. better than the 12 point USC victory that the folks in the know predicted. and USC has some incredible players. i can't feel too bad about the loss, except that it's a loss and a win would have meant so much against this team and for this season.

alas, you win some, you lose some. how apropos.

by the way, the worst thing about quitting smoking is how painfully aware i become of how much my hair reeks of bar and cigarettes when i get home from being out; like right now, after spending my afternoon/evening in a bar watching the game. ugh. i'd take a shower, but i'm too tired. i wonder if it would be really bad if i just doused my hair with febreze...

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger perpetual slacker said...

Sorry about the Notre Dame loss. It was an awesome game.

As for the whole smoking thing, yeah... My clothes from Thursday night smelled AWFUL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home