Tuesday, October 30, 2007

i give you "hatetheface"...

last night after we went to the gym, carson and i went to get food for dinner at the grocery store. he saw some guy in the frozen food aisle that he's seen around town and doesn't like at all. why doesn't he like him? "i don't like the way his face looks."

he's a "hatetheface"! i learned this term from my friend ed and i think it's magnificent! hatetheface! the moment when ed told me this term was a real moment of validation for me. for years i've felt alone and ashamed in my silent hatred of certain people just because of how they look. there was a girl in a couple of my classes in college whom i couldn't freaking stand because she looked like a teddy bear with a hangover. but i felt so weird about having such negative feelings toward her when really i knew nothing about her...until ed opened my eyes to the concept of the "hatetheface" as if it were a truth universally acknowledged! this is something that people do! i wasn't alone in my weird dislike of certain faces!

so, courtesy of my friend ed, i pass along to you:

hatetheface
noun: a person whom one detests solely because that person has a stupid looking face

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger EFC said...

oh if only i had learned this term sooner, then I wouldn't have spent so many long years feeling guilty for hating people I don't know!!!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never felt bad about not liking someone because of their face...but now i'm glad i have a term for it!!

i don't think you ever pointed hungover teddy bear face to me in college, but it does get me thinking about all the characters from back then...

thing one and thing two (they were twins)
do you want to know what nick's brother looks like? ....that
and the girl who looked like meatloaf but i'm sure was a really great person.

thanks for the memories....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home