Tuesday, June 13, 2006

the city that loves you back...

after work yesterday, since my coffee plans with jenn got postponed until today, i decided to go for a nice long bike ride. so i rode into center city, down west river drive to the falls bridge, back up kelly drive to the art museum, and then tooled around center city for a while. why? because few things fill me with more sheer joy and frustration than riding my bike around center city philadelphia.

nevertheless, as i was biking up the ben franklin parkway, towards center city, i happened to look to my right, then quickly doubled back and skidded to a halt next to a little community of alexander calder sculptures! friends, i worked on the grant that got these guys here way back when i was a grant writer at the philadelphia museum of art! this was very exciting to me. it's just one more thing to add to the list of why my post-law school life should exist in philly.

also, i'm currently obsessed with finding a new bike. well, not a NEW bike, because i certainly can't afford that, but a new-to-me road bike that will be lightweight and won't creak when i ride it because it's so goddamn old. i love my bike -- we've been through a lot -- but it's time to upgrade to a faster set of wheels. advice, anyone?

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, you can't go wrong with a new beater huffy from walmart. say what you will about child labor and what not, but hey, dem kidz needz to eatz. but anywayz, huffy, yeah. get it, get on, be moved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home