Monday, June 12, 2006

working for a living...

krista sent me this link, which references this article and which features this graphic:


the equation (and the NYT article) are mostly about undergrads, but they apply to us law student freebies, too. in my underpaid/underwined-and-dined 2L summer, i have yet to experience the papercuts or the other cute interns (although i'm very much on the lookout for the latter, albeit outside of my own office). but hey -- i've got my own clients, i'm going to get to try some cases pretty soon, and all of that goodtimes professional responsibility stuff? guess what! it sticks to you even before you take the bar exam! (thank you, professor R, for a semester's worth of stories of the ways to get "jammed up". i am gravely terrified of all that comes with this great power!)

anyways, so this is only my second post in the month of june, right? and neither of the june posts have really been worth a damn. but here's my defense -- my computer is currently in some dell techie fix-it facility in texas where (in theory) the motherboard/wireless card/optical drive problems that have been plaguing my life for the past several months will be resolved. and as soon as my computer and i are reunited, all systems normal, the regular activity that you've all come to expect from this little blog will resume.

in the meantime, my computer access consists of a really slow machine at my internship running windows 98 and in full view of all of my co-workers. i may not be making any money at this internship, but i'm not about to blog my way through the summer job. if all goes well, i'm going to be asking these people here to help me find someone to hire me in a year.

more to come... stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home