Monday, March 27, 2006

bring back martha quinn!!!

dude.

does MTV serve any purpose whatsoever these days other than to piss me off? it was on at the gym today, unfortunately on the television that was directly in front of me, so of course i had to watch it. it was that or stare out the window at the undergrad boys tossing around a football, and that made me feel creepy, once i calculated the approximate age difference between me and them.

the show on MTV had this guy who hangs out with three moms, one at a time, in order to decide whose daughter he'll go on a date with. um, WTF?!? these girls were all, "mom, make sure you tell him i have a nice booty!" or "mom, tell him i like to dance on tables when i go out to bars." AYFKM??? they might as well have just said, "mom, i'm a dirty whore with about three thousand STDs! aren't you SO proud?" what self-respecting mother goes out and pimps her daughter for some crappy MTV show?

am i getting so old that i'm becoming a prude? or is MTV just literally becoming a vortex for all things retarded? come ON! the kids who watch this crap are like eleven years old. no wonder the world is full of fucktards and whorebags -- MTV has turned everybody under age 25 into pop culture sexploitation junkies! dude, sexual revolution my arse -- it's just insulting.

can somebody PUH-LEEEZE start being realistic about sexuality with kids these days??? can't we just stop making everything taboo and tawdry and start presenting things as a series of choices with real consequences? i don't mean we should scare kids into abstinence, either. we should have enough respect for these kids and the shit they deal with w/r/t each other so that maybe they can learn a little respect for themselves. is that so difficult?

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it's really weird (meaning someone needs to do a cultural study) about all the shows on tv these days about relatives pimping one another. (Marry my Dad, Date my Daughter...I think there are more...)

I miss music videos. I feel like saying that I used to watch music videos on MTV dates me. And that is strange as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home