Friday, February 24, 2006

"you are not mentally prepared enough for this backflip..."

can somebody puh-lease explain to me why it is that when one doesn't get enough sleep, one's body refuses to function properly, but if one gets more than enough sleep, one's body doesn't stockpile its energy reserves so that it can stay awake and alert for extended periods of time?

because i've been tired all week and i've slept like it's been my job. i've taken naps, gone to bed early, slept in later than usual, and still, here it is, 6:03 in the morning, and i'm utterly worthless. yet, i still haven't finished my paper... grrrrrr...

and the most depressing thing ever just happened. my alarm clock went off. as in, the alarm that usually wakes me up in the morning. but this time it went off, and crazy conservative radio (which typically angers me to wide-awakeness) mocked me for not having slept. it mocked me for ever taking a class so self-indulgent and academic and, sheesh, liberal as jurisprudence.

i think i just hallucinated a UFO outside my window.

oh good, the coffee's ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home