Monday, November 14, 2005

idiomatic idiosyncratic...

my administrative law professor says "exaray" instead of "x-ray". he also says "always" like "ALL-wuz".

my international law professor (former con law prof) says "problematical". and he pronounces "philadelphia" like "philadelph-we-ah".

my property professor last semester said "defend-ANT".

my torts prof last year said "rother" instead of "rather".

. . .

this is what i'm thinking about right now, as i'm waiting for 2:30, when the BCS week five rankings will be released.

i'm feeling a little overwhelmed by school at the moment. after class (yes, i'm in class right now), i have to go to the computer lab and print out the following:
1. the corrie v. caterpillar amended complaint for my international law final
2. the complaint in the new class action suit against FEMA for the hurricane katrina debacle
3. three 25-page papers for the peer review component of my seminar

and the worst part is that aubrey's birthday is today and a bunch of folks are going out to dinner to celebrate. i absolutely adore aubrey -- she's truly one of the most fantastic women i know. but i don't know if i should participate in the festivities because i've done a fair amount of time mismanagement of late (for which i have only myself to blame) and i need to lock myself to a desk and work for many many hours tonight.

thanksgiving break truly cannot get here quickly enough.

p.s. dinosaur jr will be at mr. smalls on december 1st! this is rather exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home