Thursday, November 17, 2005

"B" is for balanced...

that was my mantra first year -- B is for balanced. B is also for the retention of scholarship funds. at this moment, 6:06 a.m., B is for a-okay. if i get a B on this damn international law final, i'm a happy camper.

i realized about 45 minutes ago that i've been writing about the wrong thing... i'm an idiot. i won't go into what i've been doing wrong, and honestly, the work i've done is easily fixed, but it's all about me not reading the question closely enough. or often enough. or failing to inscribe it in sharpie on my hands so i have no excuse to forget what it says.

the cats are driving me, erm, batty. i'm currently surrounded by piles of paper and every couple of minutes, on the cross-apartment circuit, one of the furry bastards comes running through the mess, scattering my beloved (dreaded?) cases all about. milo is like three times kenobi's size. i'm sure she could fit in his belly. part of me wishes he'd just swallow her whole sometimes...

i'm tired. i just went to the loo to wash my face in an attempt at revival. i'm that kind of tired where the bathroom light clings to every imperfection, every line, every dark circle in my skin. ugh. i looked so... old? worn? grey? bloodshot? yuck.

but the good news--well, sorta--is that i haven't been alone. krista was up until 4:02 (the timestamp from her last e-mail) working on her law and science paper. michael is still up, upstairs in his apartment, working on his international law final. my mentee, whose legal writing memo is due friday, e-mailed me a copy of her draft at 5:27. she had asked me to look over it for her.

so odd, all of us little night owls scattered across the city, dutifully carrying out our tasks in last-minute fashion... all of us facing bleary-eyed daylight hours.

i'm definitely a daydreamer, i don't think that admission will surprise anyone. but i'm by no means a fan of the times when the daydreams are all about sleeping... and that's what i have to look forward to today...

sigh... back to work for me. almost done...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home