Thursday, September 13, 2007

getting better all the time...

okay. today was much much much happier than the rest of my boo-hoo week. i started my day with a meeting with my boss from the internship i had after my first year of law school. this guy also happens to be my favorite attorney. i went to talk to him about my job search. you know, because i need all the guidance i can get.

while i was sitting in his office talking with him, he asked me where i'd ideally like to be in ten years. he asked me the same question back in march of 2005 when i interviewed with him. it's the "dream job" question, the "if money wasn't a factor" question. and you know what? my answer today was the same as my answer in march of 2005. that is enormously reassuring to me. it means that after three years of personal relationships and academic challenges and internships and the general chaos of law school, my goals and my focus are the same. i still feel called to service in this profession. i still feel inspired by the possibilities that my law degree can create.

the reasons why i wanted to be a lawyer in the first place are still the reasons i want to be a lawyer! high fives!

oh, also, we totally won our kickball game tonight! and i'm convinced that my team is the bestest kickball team in all of the pittsburgh sports league. hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home