Wednesday, November 30, 2005

there goes my hero...

okay, it's totally lame that i just referenced a foo fighters song in the title of this post. but i've got good reason for doing so, and the reason is this...

the hero of my day is none other than my little brother daniel, who is fantastic and generous and patient and who takes really good care of me. and daniel is a big fan of dave grohl, hence the FF reference.

and the really cool part? he's actually considering moving to pittsburgh! i'm not sure how seriously he's considering it (because he's considered moving to places near where i've lived in the past and that's never actually happened), but he's just broken up with his girlfriend and is at a point in his life where a big change is probably a good idea. i told him that all the folks in the know claim that pittsburgh is one of the worst places to be if you're single, so he wouldn't need to worry about jumping back into a relationship anytime soon if he moved here. although, girls adore my brother, so i doubt that statistic would be too much of a hindrance for him.

(speaking of being single, i had promising interactions today with two cute boys... and cute boys are always worthwhile diversions.)

i just made some coffee. it's 1:00 in the morning and i still have work to do. i HATE this time of the semester. it's zero fun and makes me feel tired all the time.

2 days until dinosaur jr! it's gonna be so rad -- it's the original lineup (j. mascis, murph, and lou barlow)! sacrifices have been made to the guitar gods for such a show. rock!

3 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No Miss Emily!!!

I figured out how to post comments--color me techno-savvy.

The only thing lamer than a dorky 3L reading your blog every day is a dorky 3L posting annoying little comments about your blog--I think I need my own blog--maybe blog creation will be my fun diversion from studying for finals.

Had to post a comment to this particular blog entry because, as I told you earlier, it is my favorite for a silly reason.

tfm

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger emily said...

hooray! comments!

my dear, you've just taken your first step into a scary new world... don't say you haven't been warned!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay. em, do you have add? (or adhd as it's now known)

maybe it's me. maybe i read this post too quickly.

just throwing it out there.

tlak to you later.

p.s. does daniel have a car? if so, you should make him move to pittsburgh on december 27th and have him drive you back to town so that we can hang out on december 29th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home