Tuesday, November 08, 2005

color me exhausted...

it's not been a good few days for getting enough sleep. it's totally my own fault. right now i'm feeling tired and scratchy-throated and i really want to go to bed, but i still have work to get done. but i think what i'm going to do is go ahead and go to sleep, and finish up my work in the morning before international law. right now my body is telling me to get rest, and i'd be silly not to listen to that.

also, i had a weird panic attack thingy this afternoon, i'm sure because of overtiredness. i pretty much freaked out and felt really claustrophobic (even though i was in an open space) and so i rather abruptly walked away from my friends to sit in one of the bathroom stalls and catch my breath.

had dinner tonight with a couple of new 1L friends, one of whom is very much a libertarian. now, i can't say i embrace strict libertarianism. nor can i really say i find some of it valid, but this kid really impressed me because not only could he back up his political arguments, but he knew when to back off and when to admit when he didn't know something. because if there's one thing i can't stand (and that seems to run rampant in environments such as, erm, law school) it's when people get overconfident and think they know things that they clearly don't. it's refreshing to hear people simply admit that they can't address a certain subject because they don't know anything about it.

also, with respect to my other dining companion this evening, i've found myself being way more honest and direct than maybe i should be, but it seems to have worked out to get me what looks like it's going to be a valuable friendship. i'm always a little too open about things, and i wonder how i don't manage to sabotage every friendship i have by saying just about everything that comes into my head. somehow, though, i keep lucking out and finding people who not only find some amusement in my inability to censor myself, but who also appreciate it.

got a wheat penny in the change from my coffee purchase today. that means mom is saying hello. silly me and my little fantasy world...

oh, and p.s., kenobi (the little cat) is totally a voyeur. and a weirdo.