Friday, September 23, 2005

pulling an andrew...

krista and i went to have some drinks together tonight and i kind of had three giant whiskey sours (served to me in pint glasses by the fine folks at mardi gras in shadyside), so, yeah. i'm about to do a typical AML post and say how much i love everyone. consider yourself warned...

but before the love-fest begins, let me just say that tonight was my first night in a bar after having quit smoking. did i want a cigarette? you betcha. did i have one? no way, jose! hooray! i'm now five days smoke-free.

with no further ado...

first of all, i love krista. seriously. i have, historically speaking, been much more successful in maintaining close friendships with boys than i have been with girls. but as i told my dad on the phone the other day, krista is doomed to be one of my lifetime friends. we're alike enough that we can be totally honest with each other, but different enough as to benefit from each other's perspectives. i think krista is completely fantastic and i feel really fortunate to have her as my friend.

second of all, i love donny. today at school, donny told me, in a totally unsolicited, un-emily-is-whining-for-attention kind of way, that i'm hot. awesome! now, donny is a fantastic guy for lots of reasons, not just because he gave me such a supreme compliment this afternoon, but he definitely made my day and gave me a much-needed confidence boost by his kind words.

third of all, i love my mentee. the pitt law women's association has an annual picnic in which they match up 1Ls with 2L mentors. tonight was the picnic. my 1L is fantastic! she's a fellow save-the-worlder and a smart cookie and a kindred spirit. i'm planning to be a good mentor and maybe even invite her out from time to time.

fourth of all, i adore my law school friends. if i were to form a super-squad of attorneys/legal scholars/do-gooders/champions-of-the-people, i need look no further than my classmates. goddamn right.

fifth of all, i do _not_ love the guy who decided to sit down with krista and me at the bar tonight. not only was he a lawyer (just our luck!), but he was a prosecutor! ick! and he was full of "oh, you poor little kids and your law schooling" things to say. well, nobody invited him to come rain on our parade.

sixth of all, i need a strategy for wooing a certain boy in a certain class of mine... i suppose a good starting point would be to actually talk to him.

and seventh of all, i had an awkward moment today while sitting at a table with some friends. one friend of mine, whom i haven't really hung out with in a while, said to me, "so, i hear saturday was your birthday. why didn't you call us to go out?" well, what i wanted to say was, "um, maybe because you guys haven't called me to go out in, like, MONTHS." but i'm a chicken, and so i didn't say this. why is it that it's so easy to call out friends for things like sleeping with stupid girls (zoolander--you know who you are), but i can't muster the courage to speak the truth when it pertains to actual stuff like fallen friendships?

well, who cares? i'm going to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home