Saturday, September 10, 2005

hail hail to michigan, the assholes of the world...

so today at noon (which is in, like, 31 minutes), my beloved fighting irish (who have sprung into the top 25 at slot number 20 after the win against pitt last week!!!) will play the michigan wolverines at ann arbor. and here's my dilemma:

i have a stack of books about a foot high sitting next to my computer at this very moment, and there are still some casebooks in my backpack. i can't yet tell whether the second year is harder or if i'm just not yet in the swing of things, but i'm feeling incredibly swamped with reading and school obligations.

so, i have a ton of reading to get done, but it's ND-michigan! what's a girl to do?!? selfishly, i want to blow off my schoolwork, drink a few beers and watch some notre dame football. realistically (and responsibly), i'd better do my schoolwork or i'm never going to beat this feeling of running constantly behind.

okay, dilemma resolved. i'll do my reading. but i'll keep the game stats up on my computer (thanks to espn.com).

(as matter of explanation, the subject line of this post is an excerpt from the "alternate" version of the michigan fight song, the one sung by michigan's opposing teams' student sections. ah, sportsmanship! but again -- notre dame students are way way way better than pitt's! i mean it. and i stand by it.)

GO IRISH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home