Saturday, April 02, 2005

milestones...

so, the one year mark passed last week. approximately one year before the hour that i was delivering my oral arguments for the brief i've slaved over for weeks for my legal writing class, i woke up in an emergency room after losing consciousness somewhere near 21st and south streets in philadelphia.

one year. dr. p had told me that the likelihood was great that i would have another episode/relapse/exacerbation within the first year of diagnosis, but none happened. at least, nothing serious enough to qualify as an episode/relapse/exacerbation.

but so much else has happened. so many things have changed.

in keeping with the trend of having something really life-alterning happen in the late winter/early spring of each year (2003 being losing my job, 2004 being the brain mess), stean and i have parted ways. now i live by myself in a great little apartment -- just me and milo. my space, my stuff, my order. it feels good, but it is certainly not without its sadness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home